Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Smart Stitcher!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher's Website, located at https://thesmartstitcher.co.uk/.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use The Smart Stitcher if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
1. Digital products
Please note that we cannot refund digital patterns once they have been downloaded. The link is live for 24 hours and the pattern can be downloaded up to a maximum of three times.
Please note you can only receive a refund if you haven't downloaded the digital products.
Technically as a retailer I mustn’t supply digital content, such as software downloads, within the 14 day cancellation period, unless the consumer has given their express consent to this happening. The consumer must also acknowledge that once the download starts they will lose their right to cancel.
If a consumer doesn’t give their consent, they have to wait until the cancellation period has ended before they can download the digital content. This is to ensure the digital content is what you want before downloading it.
The above information on digital products is taken from
2. Bespoke and custom goods.
A quote is provided for all bespoke items. This will detail the price for the item based on the nature of the work and the materials involved. A 50% deposit is required before work can commence. This is nonrefundable once work has commenced on your product.
Goods can be collected in person or sent by secure mail after the balance of payment is received and funds cleared.
As a consumer, if you happen to change your mind after booking one of my courses you have 14 days from entering into a service contract in which you can cancel it. This right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations applies regardless of whether the course will be taken online or in person.
Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher as the course provider won’t start providing the service before the 14-day cancellation period has ended, unless you’ve requested this, booked on last minute, or the online course is already open for you to start.
Under the Consumer Rights Act, the course provider has a duty to do the following:
- Perform the service with reasonable care and skill
- Make sure information that's been given to you about the course - written or spoken - is binding where you’ve relied on it to make your decision
If the service you’re provided doesn’t satisfy these criteria, you’re entitled to the following remedies under the Consumer Rights Act:
- The course provider should either redo the element of the course that's inadequate, or perform the whole course again at no extra cost to you, within a reasonable time and without causing you significant inconvenience.
- Or, in circumstances where the repeat performance is impossible, or it can’t be done within a reasonable time or without causing significant inconvenience, you can claim a price reduction. Depending on how severe the failings are, this could be up to 100% of the cost, and the course provider should refund you within 14 days of agreeing that you're entitled to a refund.
The above guidance on courses is taken from
If things change and you are no longer able to attend then the following will apply:
- If the cancellation occurs 28 working days before the course date then a 50% refund will be given as materials will have been purchased.
- If the cancellation occurs outside of this timeframe then a full refund can be offered.
Unless otherwise stated, Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on The Smart Stitcher. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from The Smart Stitcher for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from The Smart Stitcher
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from The Smart Stitcher
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from The Smart Stitcher
- Redistribute content from The Smart Stitcher
Parts of this website may offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher,its agents and/or affiliates.
Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher [email protected]
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Elizabeth Bond The Smart Stitcher's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.